Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Marathon weekend at Josie's Studio

Hello everyone,

It has been some time since my last blog, but guess what I have not been idle.  I'm in the process of preparing for my first outdoor event, in NYC at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.  Yes, I will be participating in the "Autumn Crafts Festival" which runs Saturday Oct 4/5, from 11am to 8:30 pm on Saturday, 10am to 6pm on Sunday.   My booth #N275 so please stop by and check me out.

There is a lot of work involved with doing an outdoor festival, from buying your tent, setting up your booth/fixtures and lighting.  More importantly there is lots of work involved with preparing all the product you want to sell.  It's ok, as I love hard work and I'm having so much fun getting all the product ready.  You will find it all amazing, colorful and hopefully something you would buy for yourself.  I have already sold many of my felted scarves, knitted hats,  smartphone/IPAD covers to family, friends and others with hopes to  expand this to a wider audience.

This past weekend, I did a 12 hour + felting marathon in my studio.  I did break for a couple of hours when my brother came to visit, but found myself getting right back to work afterwards.  Next time must also plan more work I can do sitting as i was a bit exhausted on Sunday, and found it hard to get back to my normal pattern until Monday.

Attached are some of the things I've been up to in the last month or so.  I will try not to stay away too long next time.






Excursion of Color -felted merino wool "cobweb" scarf  with fringe , ribbon embellishments, silk hankies

Coasters for my brother/sister-in-law

Reading Between The Lines Wall Quilt -hanging at the Warwick NY Quilt , May 2014


Brightly Colored Pinwheels Quilt -hanging in the Warwick quilt show  May'2014


Work in progress wall quilt - I will name it  "Hot like a Volcano"
Taking a break to hang with family and friends for a bbq

Taking time out to freshen up the garden

Orange-peach melange -nuno felted silk/merino lightwt scarf with twisted fringe

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...