Sunday, July 13, 2014

Social Media and the Artist

Ok I'm here again, a week later trying to keep up with my blogging.  One of my friends told me recently that I needed to increase my social media exposure.  While I have so much to do preparing for the Oct 4th/5th shows at Lincoln Center (http://www.craftsatlincoln.org/myindex.cgi),  I'm determined to update Instagram more frequently, keep up with Facebook, and try to update my own blog weekly.   It's great as I can update Instagram and share the file immediately with Facebook and Twitter, if I choose.    On top of that I need to update my own website to include all the new products that I've been making these past few months, as well as document the details for each item.

Did I mention photo editing?   Yes, I'm thankful that my good friend Jen, "the photographer" for her help, when asked, but I still need to go in and edit, crop, etc and by no means am I a photographer.   You might know this from some of my recent Facebook post.   You know they say great pictures are an asset when you want to sell product so I have to make more of an effort in this area.

Below I will share with you photos I've taken in my studio where light is not as good vs one of the same items outdoor.  You can see the difference.
The new cell garage have evolved from my first design 2 years ago.  They now include 3D images -spikes, cover and exposed marbles, and other images.  These are all new techniques that I have learned in the last year from taking workshops with Andrea Graham and Fiona Duthie, 2 well known fiber artist/teachers/lecturers.  You will see a lot of newness in the product I'm making now.

Here is an image of my new "Cell Garage" taken outside using Nikon camera. I then used PIC app to make a collage.  This represents the true colors.



Same photo as above, taken inside using my iPhone.   This is really a bad photo, and not representative of the true colors shown above.   I have learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...