Monday, March 21, 2016

FIBER FUN WITH KIDS - OH WHAT FUN!

If someone had told me 2 years ago that I would be teaching a fiber art class to kids, I would have said "who me",  "no way".  I was always the quiet reserved type who preferred behind the scenes as opposed to front and center, but that all changed when a friend asked me to consider teaching an after school enrichment program last year.   If you're passionate about something why not share it with others. 
It's been almost a year now, and with each class we're still having lots of fun playing and learning with fiber.  We started out making very basic items, and sometimes depending on the grade we're moving into more complex projects.  All driven by what the kids want to learn.

Ultimate goal -learn the art of felting while having fun doing it.

Repeat students are now starting to happen, and this means I'm surely going in the right direction.

Below are some new photos from the winter 2016 session.  We're having a great time in these classes, making felt earrings, key chains, snake and even a bunny rabbit which I worked on with one girl and an assistant due to the felt needle.   I've also introduced the felt flower to some of my older students based on a special request by one of my male students.

In the Spring I plan to offer a class geared towards embellishments with beads, and other found objects!  Stay tuned for more exciting fun with fiber.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...