Wednesday, December 30, 2015

FELTING INSPIRATIONS

Last week, after weeks of beautiful weather it finally hit me that we were almost into winter and there was still no signs of real fall weather or snow.  As I sat at my window looking outside at the bare trees and the leftover leaves I decided to create a new scarf.   Instead of using my standard bright colors I pulled out fabric, fiber and embellishments reflective of a fall landscape.

Come and take this journey with me.


the layout

the layout-fringe

the layout-embellishments

finished scarf before pressing (front)
backside of scarf -silk after shrinkage against wool on front side

the finished scarf-silk base with merino wool top + embellishments

embellishments-merino neps, mohair fringe, synthetic ribbon trim




cuttings of silk for embellishment,

closeup -wool yarn, silk cuttings




No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...