Saturday, May 28, 2016

Felting with Katia

Last weekend I took a 3 day workshop with Katia Mokeyeva (www.feuer-und-wasser.com), a textile felt artist and clothing designer.  Katia creates one-of-a-kind wearable art that are highly embellished and uses original detail techniques.   This was one of the most interesting felt workshops I have taken in a long time.  Katia is a very sharing artist, whose attention to detail is amazing.  My fellow students and I were amazed on how dyed fiber and fine hand dyed silk could create a wearable vest using various techniques.

The workshop was very demanding but I am pleased because I learned a lot of new techniques and have an almost completed vest.  There are some finishing details I need to do for shaping the armholes and neckline.  I am also thinking of modifying the hemline and adding either machine or hand stitching to further bring out the 3D elements incorporated in the vest.

Take a look and let me know what you think.  To see my new fiber art pieces, please visit www.josiescolourfuljourney.com and www.josiescolourfulart.etsy.com.

Thanks to New England Felt Supply (https://www.feltingsupply.com/) for hosting yet another great workshop.
   




No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...