Monday, August 3, 2015

LOVE A CHALLENGE

I got a request last week from a customer to make a Smartphone/eyeglass case similar to the one in the 2nd picture below, but using the print/design from one of my silk-merino wool scarves (1st photo below).    Since most of my scarves are created from scratch it's very challenging to recreate a print that's also created from scratch, but I was up for the challenge.   The case also needed to have a clasp to attach to belt loops, and a separate detachable strap.  Below are the results from this challenge.  How did I do?

Original silk scarf with merino wool accents to create print

Idea of existing Smartphone case 
Serenity nuno felt silk scarf with merino wool accents    



Nuno felt scarf details


Building the Smartphone case from fiber up!






No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...