Saturday, August 15, 2015

ANOTHER DAY AT THE MET MUSEUM - CHINA: Through The Looking Glass

If you have not seen this exhibit please get to the MET Museum (www.metmuseum.org/china-through-the-looking-glass) as quickly as possible.  All I can say is beautiful, jaw dropping fashion!

The exhibit looks at how China has inspired Western fashion designers, which is very interesting as well as breathtaking.  I found myself dreaming of having at least 5 of those silk embroidered gowns in my closet.  As I walked through the galleries with friends and family we were all in awe at the workmanship of these pieces.  , and tried to imagine the hours of work that went into some of the fashion pieces.

What I enjoyed second to the fashion was the Chinese films playing in the background of all the galleries.

I read an article in Fashionista (www.fashionista.com/china-through-the-looking-glass)
which said the attendance is coming close to the "Alexander McQueen" exhibit from 2011, which was the most attended of all time at the Costume Institute.  It is a large exhibit including 140 garments.  We walked from the 1st floor galleries, downstairs, then back up to the 2nd floor.  It seemed endless, but so wonderful.

 While I could not photograph everything I did manage to take a few photos, even with the dark background in all rooms.



2 of my favorite dresses/gowns above!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...