Tuesday, June 30, 2015

GARDEN STATE QUILTERS SHOW

It has been a hectic month, and I don't see this changing for the next few months as I am working hard to get ready for my Lincoln Center event in Oct.  In the meantime, let me catch up with some of the happenings in the quilt/felting world of Josie.  

At the end of May  I had the pleasure of going to the Garden State Quilters Show at the Mennen Arena in Morristown, NJ.   GSQ (garden state quilters) is a local guild, and some of the members are quilting friends of mine who were well represented in this show. Two of my friends, Karen Jack and Betsy Vinegrad had over 10 quilts in the show this year.  Wow, they have been busy.   There was also a section in the Show which showcased quilts from the NJMQG( NJMQG) which I belong to, as well as the Maplewood NJ Teacups quilting group (also a member).  

Please take a trip with me to review some of the quilts from the show.   I was not able to capture everything I wanted as my iphone gave out on me, but I did get a good representation of what was at the show.









Lindy Wilson's quilt (our Tuesday night Teacup group challenge)

Spare Change by BetsyVinegrad has already received ribbons from other shows.


see the 3D design detail in Lindy's quilt

Annette Garrett from Tuesday nights  Teacup group challenge!

This and the next 5 quilts  below are from quilter members of  Northern Jersey Modern Quilt Guild

Melanie Tuazon -NJMQG





















No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...