Monday, January 26, 2015

2014 REFLECTIONS - MOVING AHEAD IN 2015

As I move forward into 2015 with plans for more growth, and an on-line business I had to stop and reflect on 2014.   Overall it was a good year full of new opportunities, new friends and many firsts.

-My first full year as a fiber artist, working on my own time.

-My first Art Walk in partnership with my cousin(www.indajewelrydesigns.com  where I sold my first quilt


-My first Juried Craft Festival at New York's Lincoln Center which i wrote about in an earlier blog.  With the help and support of family and friends it turned out to be a great experience, and one I plan to repeat in 2015.





-Took a trip to Portland, Oregon to study with one of my favorite artist,www.Andrea-graham.com.
Learned the art of making a felted "bag with character" as well as sculptured felt jewelry. I then came back home and made a couple of bags on my own.



-Took an on-line felting course where i learned a lot of new techniques including 3D felting.    Another great instructor www.fionaduthie.com
-Taught my first quilting class at Bernina (www.bernina-nj.com), which I wrote about in an earlier blog.  Lots of fun, and something I would like to do more of in 2015.




-December - opened my on-line Etsy shop (www.josiescolourfulart.etsy.com)

Now 2015 is here, and I already have a plan of things I need to accomplish so stay tuned for what I hope to be another good year.   I will also pledge to write more in my blog.

The one thing I will share is a commitment to complete my unfinished quilts this year.  I managed to complete a few last year, but still have another 4-5 to finish.   Of course, as with most quilters we're always creating new projects in addition to finishing up the old so I don't see that changing.  I would also like to do smaller art quilts this year.

Special thanks goes out to 2 local quilt groups where I'm a member including "The Teacups" and the North Jersey Modern Quilt Guild (www.njmqg.com).  The meetings we have are invaluable and always filled with so much inspiration.

Thanks to you all for your continued support in reading my blog.


Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...