Friday, October 17, 2014

Modern Museum of Art (MOMA)

Earlier this week I decided to go to the MOMA as I had not been to the museum in a few months.  With the big event over, I felt as though I could finally take some time off to smell the flowers and do some of the other things I enjoy.

The exhibit I enjoyed the most was the Henri Matisse ( The Cut-Outs)  http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/exhibitions/1469

It was interesting to see so many large cut-outs in various shapes and sizes.  They call it "Gouache on paper", cut and pasted on different mediums. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gouache

As I walked through the exhibit i suddenly realized that I was standing right next to Susan Sarandon (Thelma and Louise).  Ok it was my 2nd celebrity citing in less than 2 weeks.    If you have time please check out the exhibit.  Definitely worthwhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...