Sunday, August 18, 2013

INSPIRATION, INSPIRATION - OH WHAT A DAY


 I finally made it to the Brooklyn Museum last week.  I saw 2 exhibits including the "Workt by Hand" Hidden Labor & Historical quilts and "Gravity & Grace" El Anatsui.  The latter had an exhibit of monumental proportions using mainly bottle caps and copper wire.  Truly mesmerizing, and nothing like I've seen before.  The bottle caps come from a local distillery in Nigeria, then pieced together.

Take a look yourself - Gravity & Grace









Some of my favorites from "Workt by Hand" Quilt Exhibit:
Crazy Quilt, silk
Tumbling Blocks-about 1865-70/silk,velvet,wood



Crazy Quilt 
Crazy Quilt 1880, silk (1)
Crazy Quilt 1880, silk (2)






No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...