Thursday, April 24, 2014

Fashion and Folk Art

It's been a few weeks since my last post, so let me update you one of my recent trips to the American Folk Art Museum in New York City.  What intrigued me about this exhibit was the 13 different designers who participated to make a creation inspired by artwork in the museum's collection, many dating back to 1800-1900.   Take a look at what I saw.

Koos van der Akker - gown





Michael Bastian's ensemble

Anniversary Tin- top hat & eyeglasses (one of the inspirations for Michael Bastian's ensemble)

Gary Graham -Jacquard woven coat (inspiration in the background)



closeup details from the whitework cotton quilt

Fabio Costa's outfit-inspiration is the whitework cotton quilt from 1796



threeASFOUR  dress

Friendship Star Quilt (inspiration for threeASFOUR dress)-made in 1800s by Quaker women as a sign of friendship in PA




 
Yeohlee Teng's outfit made from Brown Kraft  Paper



No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...