Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Josie Dakers & Linda Jones Art Walk 2014

This past Saturday, March 1st my cousin and I hosted an invite in Jersey City to share our Art with a few family, friends and others.  It was really my first event in the New York area and it was a success.  Linda showcased her jewelry including copper, silver, new gold earrings, braclets and neckwear.  I showcased my quilts including art quilts, nuno felted scarves and other accessories, and some quilted accessories.   Some of my colleagues from my previous job came to see and were pleasantly surprised at what they saw.    Below are some pictures taken from this event.  Overall a good day with everyone having a great time.
IPAD case-closed with button closure

IPAD Case-open
IPAD Case-open

IPAD Case -outer

LDJ Jewelry

LDJ Jewelry

Josie's quilt -Ginger In The Sky shows my dog in one photo surrounded by brightly colored 3D stars

Cell phone/tablet cases

Kindle tablet, Mini IPAD cases, MUG rug (hold your cup tea/bagel -coaster)

Looking Through The Window by popular vote was one of the favorite quilts 

Josie's chunky wool snood/cowl-oh how warm

Wall quilts in various sizes/knitted scarf on a friend



another popular item of the day -Josie's nuno felted scarves 

 Wall quilts " Pic-A-Square from Josie's personal collection was shown in 2 quilt shows previously
Josie explaining the Nuno felt process to friends

Josie talking about her quilts

                                         Our friend Lawrence admiring the popular quilt -back

Felted IPAD cases with inside quilting 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATE ART OR TROUBLE SHOOT WEBSITE

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I've spent the last 2 days tinkering around with my blog and my website trying to figure some things out...